Windows user (and possible ubuntu user) seeks get_iplayer assistance under ubuntu

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:21:04 EDT 2011

> Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 19:00:19 +0100
> From: roadcone at gmx.com
> To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> Subject: Windows user (and possible ubuntu user) seeks get_iplayer assistance	under ubuntu
>
> I am a Windows user. I have d/l ubuntu on to a boot CD and may install
> it on an old laptop. I can see the get_iplayer d/l links have files for
> Windows and other OS but I am a complete Linux novice - so sorry for
> this dumb question - on Windows I use the command prompt exclusively for
> get_iplayer. Is there an equivalent for ubuntu and how do I get it.
>
> Thank you for your assistance.
>
> Clive

Hi
If you're starting from scratch with Ubuntu it will be least painful to use the PPA.
(PPA = Personal Package Archive)

Read about it here:- http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-June/001613.html

Add the PPA using the instructions.
Then install get_iplayer using a command:-
sudo apt-get install get-iplayer