Get Iplayer for Windows

M2 M.2 at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 6 12:39:27 EDT 2011

J K.Eason wrote:
>> *From:* powerlee at aol.com
>> *To:* get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
>> *Date:* Thu, 4 Aug 2011 13:29:23 -0400 (EDT)
>>
>>    Is there any news on the Windows installer version of the Get I
>> Player program being updated?
>>
>>   Get  I Player Version 2.79 doesnt seem to work any more.
>>
>>    Will the rtmpdump file be upgraded from 2.2d to version 2.4? Or
>> is there any other way of upgrading this file on a Window's based
>> system?
>>
>>    There is lots of info out there on the board for Linux&  Ubuntu
>> but none for us Windows users.
>>
>>   Thanks in advance for any help
>>
>>    Lee
> Simply download rtmpdump 2.4 and extract it into the rtmpdump-2.2d
> folder over the current programs.
>
> Regards
>         John (mail at john-eason.co.uk)

Hi,

I have find an easy way (someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Download required rtmpdump from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/download/
1. 9 for windows is http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/download/rtmpdump-1.9.zip
or any later release with rtmpdump-X.X-windows.zip

In your folder where you have installed get_iPlayer "C:\Program
Files\get_iplayer\"  on my Win 7
create new folder "rtmpdump-2.4"  I already have:

Downloads\
ffmpeg\
lame\
lib\
mplayer\
perl-license\
rtmpdump-1.9\
rtmpdump-2.2d\
rtmpdump-2.3\
rtmpdump-2.4\
vlc\

so extract relevant file into the folder and then find your "options"
file I have it in "c:\Users\All Users\get_iplayer\options" on my Win 7
and edit in notepad and change:

flvstreamer .\rtmpdump-1.9\rtmpdump.exe

flvstreamer .\rtmpdump-2.4\rtmpdump.exe

or other version you want to try.