RTMPDump 2.4 fixes all the problems on Windows

Chris Marriott chris at chrism.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 04:41:22 EDT 2011

I'm very happy to report that - for me at least, using Windows 7 -
downloading RTMPDump 2.4 and using the latest version of the "get_iplayer"
script has fixed all the problems of the last couple of weeks. After the
dreaded "Failed to read RTMP packet body" error, the download now
successfully restarts and ultimately completes (often with many re-starts).
Previously, after a restart it would ALWAYS ultimately fail.

It seems that, for now at least, we once again have a stable, usable
solution!

If anyone missed the earlier posts, the Windows version of RTMPDump 2.4 can
be downloaded from:

http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/download/rtmpdump-20110723-git-b627335-win32.zip

Regards,

Chris