Recent read failure

Graham Cobb g+get_iplayer at cobb.uk.net
Wed Aug 3 05:40:48 EDT 2011

On Tuesday 02 August 2011 20:52:36 Berni Elbourn wrote:
> rtmpdump 1.9 and 2.4 work just fine here. 1.9 seems to download without
> the need to resume. 2.4 resumed successfully several times on my test.

I tried to do a test against V2.3 but I couldn't get V2.3 to fail today (I was
using Ctrl-C to interrupt the downloads so the test conditions are probably
different).

V2.4 does seem to fix the bug where the %age downloaded was being reset to 0
when a resume happened.

I will continue using it and see what happens.

> 2.4 is not packaged for Debian yet...but follow or copy and paste the
> instructions at post number 3 here to produce and install your own .deb
> package:

> And yes the final ldconfig is needed.

Or, if you want to easily compare the new rtmpdump with the old one, skip the
checkinstall and the ldconfig but replace the make command shown there with:

make VERSION="v2.4\ $version~git" SHARED=

This creates a static-linked version of rtmpdump so you can just use the
--flvstreamer option to point to it when you want to use it.