Cannot download programs of type 'signed', need fix

Carl Fletcher kernelbasher at
Wed Aug 3 05:38:00 EDT 2011

On 03/08/11 05:53, marshall wrote:
> On 03/08/11 02:25, Имя отправителя писем wrote:
>> Hello,
>> current version of get_iplayer appears to be unable to download tv
>> programmes where "Audio Described,Sign language" is the only version
>> available.
>> Examples of these would be PID b010n0gv, b010j544, b0108tsq.
>> A fix would be appreciated before these expire in ~13 days.
> I don't think it's a get_iplayer problem. The content is unavialable on
> the webpage.
> <>
> Where I get a message. "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try
> again later"
> Same for the other two PID's in your list.
> -Marshall
> get_iplayer at

I'm posting this for Andrew Moore who is struggling to post here and
emailed me direct:

Hi Carl

Don't know if it's any help but I've been doing some comparative
downloads this morning, and when they fail, it seems to be 1:02 from

Here's a few tests;

I still can't post up to the list, but if there's anything there of use,
feel free to publicise it.

All the best

I replied

I picked up a couple of episodes this morning, both without a problem
I have not changed anything
I use flashvhigh on one and just a normal --get on another
I use openSUSE linux