Recent read failure

Berni Elbourn berni at elbournb.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 06:19:20 EDT 2011

On 01/08/11 04:17, Carl Fletcher wrote:

> Running Latest patch from git
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
> WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
> 340891.890 kB / 3487.96 sec (98.4%)
>
> Any one else seeing this?

Yes - 2.79 here on Debian squeeze to resumes do not work. Since started
for me last week. There is a pattern. The first few pvr downloads seem
to work but subsequent downloads fail after fetching about 100mb. So
its i just a guess but perhaps files, or parts of files are being moved
around on the BBC servers and confusing rtmpdump mid stream.

Solution for me so far has been to leave a few hours, and remove the
*partial* files at the start of each pvr run. Eventually they come down ok.

Actually, it does occur that the default does seem to be HD these
days....maybe I will try the non-hd formats a while.

Thanks,

Berni