new programmes notavailable

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Tue Apr 26 04:31:58 EDT 2011

On 25 April 2011 22:50, chris chery <chrischery at free.fr> wrote:
> thanks  jon
> get_iplayer --refresh    did the job
> but it used to be automatic before

It is automatic usually.  If I recall correctly get_iplayer updates
the cache when it's four hours old - it's possible that the programmes
you were looking for were added to iPlayer after you last updated the
cache, but the cache was still less than four hours old.  Otherwise
I'd pencil this one up to one of those glitches that doesn't make much
sense but is easy to resolve (if you know how ;-).

> OS is windows xp
> get_iplayer --prefs-show  ===> 'C:\documents
> ........\.......\....../.get_iplayer/options'
> refreshfuture=1
nothing unusual there.

Cheers
Jon