Sony Bravia iPlayer stream

tim lane timmy.lane at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:13:14 EDT 2011

Ian - My router doesn't give me running stats for bandwidth use - I
presume you meant for me to check this to see what the approximate
bitrate is

Russell - As HD mode is not always available, my question was: Is
there a way to get the 'High' quality Bravia stream from get_iplayer
for shows where no HD version is available, as the Bravia high quality
streams appears to be better than the flashvhigh one. I'm sure that
the high quality Bravia stream is NOT the same as flashhd mode. The
information given at
"http://beebhack.wikia.com/wiki/IPlayer_TV#Comparison_Table" does not
look like it has been updated for some time and is based on a
broadcast from 2008.

As an aside, Windows file properties reports that the audio in recent
HD downloads (Wonders of the universe, for example) is at just 24 kHz
and 94kbps - Have the Beeb dropped the quality on the flashhd streams?