Sony Bravia iPlayer stream

tim lane timmy.lane at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:16:44 EDT 2011

I've been using get_iplayer with no problems for a while now, but have
recently bought myself a new Sony Bravia TV which can access iPlayer
directly so I don't need to download unless I want to keep something.
The TV allows me to select either 'normal' or 'high' quality streams,
although I am not sure what the resolution/bitrate of these are. It
appears (to my eyes at least) that the 'high' quality stream is better
than the flashvhigh version I can grab from get_iplayer. There is no
option for HD on the Bravia version, and HD streams I download using
get_iplayer are definitely better than the 'high' quality mode on the
TV. My question is therefore twofold...

1) Is it possible to get the high quality bravia stream through get_iPlayer?

2) If so, does anyone know what the resolution/bitrate is for these
streams - I have done a thorough trawl through Google but found no
further information.

I'd just like to add a thanks to all those who continue to
develop/patch this excellent bit of software - I just hope it will
still work once youview comes online

Regards

Tim