Can watch iPLayer but not use get_iplayer?

Ranec get_iplayer at cemery.org.uk
Tue Apr 19 03:10:17 EDT 2011

On 18 April 2011 10:15, Shevek <shevek at o2.co.uk> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 18 Apr 2011, at 10:02, Ranec <get_iplayer at cemery.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Having downloaded rtmpdump 2.3 I can't see how to 'install' it.
> > I copied the folder into get_iplayer, and moved asside the
> > rtmpdump-2.2d folder but I get an error about flvstreamer not being
> > installed.
>
> Path to rtmpdump may be specified in get_iplayer options - you need to update your options file with the new path...

And of course on my Windows 7 machine it was listed in:
C:\Users\All Users\get_iplayer\options
That took a while to find :-|

However, it's still not working for me.

-R

log:

Matches:
141:	Civilisation - 10. The Smile of Reason, BBC One,
Factual,HD,History,TV, default,

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site

INFO: flashhd1,flashhd2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhd1 mode to record tv: Civilisation - 10. The Smile of Reason

INFO: File name prefix =
Civilisation_-_10._The_Smile_of_Reason_b0074r5v_default
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
ERROR: RTMP_HashSWF: couldn't open V:\\.swfinfo for writing, errno 2
(No such file or directory)
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, use --swfVfy!
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              2943.28
INFO:   moovPosition          32.00
INFO:   width                 1280.00
INFO:   height                720.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            100.00
INFO:   avclevel              41.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00
INFO:   videoframerate        25.00
INFO:   audiosamplerate       24000.00
INFO:   audiochannels         2.00
INFO: trackinfo:
INFO:   length                73579000.00
INFO:   timescale             25000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            avc1
INFO:   length                70638592.00
INFO:   timescale             24000.00
INFO:   language              eng
INFO: sampledescription:
INFO:   sampletype            mp4a
###
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 3.20%), try resuming
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
WARNING: Retry recording for 'Civilisation - 10. The Smile of Reason (b0074r5v)'
ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site

INFO: File name prefix =
Civilisation_-_10._The_Smile_of_Reason_b0074r5v_default
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
ERROR: RTMP_HashSWF: couldn't open V:\\.swfinfo for writing, errno 2
(No such file or directory)
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, use --swfVfy!
Resuming download at: 32666.093 kB / 94.200 sec (3.2%)
[...]
WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
WARNING: Stream does not start with requested frame, ignoring data...
#
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 10053 (42 bytes)
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 40292
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 3.30%), try resuming
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)
WARNING: Retry recording for 'Civilisation - 10. The Smile of Reason (b0074r5v)'
ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site

INFO: File name prefix =
Civilisation_-_10._The_Smile_of_Reason_b0074r5v_default
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
ERROR: RTMP_HashSWF: couldn't open V:\\.swfinfo for writing, errno 2
(No such file or directory)
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: HandleCtrl: Ignoring SWFVerification request, use --swfVfy!
Resuming download at: 64696.120 kB / 96.000 sec (3.2%)
[...]
[snip]