M4A / AAC changes - Which ffmpeg version is required ?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 07:43:58 EDT 2011

On 17/04/2011 23:49, Martin Williams wrote:
> Many thanks to all for the input.
>
> I can confirm that the 'trick' is working with ffmpeg v0.6.1,
> specifically SVN-r25838.
> [snip]
> I obtained the source tarball from the Debian multimedia project. This
> particular version is their current stable package for Debian Squeeze,
> so I'll be be able to install that on my little arm box in due course, in
> the expectation/hope that ffmpeg will work identically on both machines.
>
> http://debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/f/ffmpeg-dmo/ffmpeg-dmo.php
> ffmpeg-dmo_0.6.1+svn20101128.orig.tar.gz

For anyone keeping score, the "+svn20101128" is the important bit if
you're looking for a tarball to do your own build.  It means the Debian
build was sourced from ffmpeg trunk at r25838 (2010-11-28).  Somewhere
from before that revision to when the 0.6 branch was cut at r23022
(2010-05-05) is one or more changes that contain the secret sauce.  The
stock version 0.6.1 won't work, nor apparently will stock 0.6.2, since
changes from trunk haven't been applied.