M4A / AAC changes - Which ffmpeg version is required ?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:04:21 EDT 2011

On 17/04/2011 11:05, Shevek wrote:
> On 17 April 2011 03:01, Vangelis forthnet<northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr>  wrote:
>>
>> Are these 64bit OS X autobuilds any good for you?
>>
>> http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/ffmpeg/macosx64/static/
>>
>> If yes, use the latest (last) one...else, follow dinky's advice...
>>
> These builds are no longer maintained - they stopped when ffmpeg
> switched from svn to git

This is the source for the get_iplayer Windows installer.  Although the
repo is no longer maintained, I tested the last build (r26400) - it
worked on both Win and OSX.  So, if you use the Windows installer to
install/reinstall ffmpeg, you should be OK for now.  Probably best to
seek out newer builds, though.

> I used to use the win32 versions from arrozcru but switched now to
> mplayer-win32 versions
>
> (which doesn't help for macos builds, I know)

Another source for Windows builds with separate 64-bit versions:

http://hawkeye.arrozcru.org/