Nort converting FLV to M4a

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 12:25:24 EDT 2011

On 09/04/2011 15:46, Steve wrote:
> I've found in the last few days, get_iplayer has downloaded shows saving
> them as default.partial.m4a.flv and not converting them to M4a, However
> if I delete the entry from the download history, then run get_iplayer
> again, it converts to M4a without redownloading it again. Any idea why?
> This is in Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy.

If you haven't already, re-run with --verbose on the command line and
see if anything illuminating pops up.  Since you bypassed the
re-download check, get_iplayer will drop through to
flvstreamer/rtmpdump, which I think may be finding the previously
downloaded programme and attempting to resume download, which won't be
noticeable with a complete file.  The question is whether the programme
was almost-but-not-quite downloaded originally (though I would expect
some kind of error from flvstreamer/rtmpdump in that case), or whether
the programme was completely downloaded and something went wrong in
passing it to ffmpeg for remuxing to M4A.  Hopefully there will be some
clues in the more verbose output.