Patched versions available on github

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:39:51 EDT 2011

On 05/04/2011 01:14, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Mon Apr 4 22:11:11 BST 2011, dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Versions available:
>
>> 1. Only the patch from Jon Davies to add Radio 4 Extra to channels
>> 2. All the above, plus patch from Shevek to make default remuxing of
>> AAC audio into M4A container
>> 3. All the above, plus patch from me to add --aactomp3 command-line
>> option to force transcoding AAC audio to MP3
>> 4. All the above
>
> Big Thanks for those, but forgive me for being thick-minded:
> If version 3 contains a) Jon Davies' patch, b) Shevek's patch and c)
> "your" patch, how is version 4 different to version 3 (and vice versa)?

They're the same at the moment, but there are a couple of other
unrelated patches in the works that will wind up in version 4.  I
couldn't get them done today, so I probably should have left the last
version out of the email.  I'm endeavouring to keep a "patched" git
branch with a linear history of clean patches sifted from the mailing
list so they don't get lost in the shuffle.  After I set it up I decided
to back and do some rebasing and cleanup so I could temporarily offer
those alternative branches.  Probably overkill, but I thought was worth
keeping options open for another week or so, at which point I'll take
down those intermediate versions unless changes have come through.