RTSP link needed

Bob Toms lost_and_founduk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 14:49:09 EDT 2010

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your feedback. On running Get_iplayer initially, it didn't recognise the link and so I followed ithe program's recommendation by including an extra tag at the command line, then it worked, which is what you seem to have done below.

However, this does not help me with my original query. From the link to BBC webpage I posted below, I need Get_iplayer to show me the RTSP link, if it can possibly show it so that I reuse the RTSP link on my mobile phone to listen to the radio stream on the move (using Real Player, which is installed on my Nokia mobile/cell).

Can something in Get_iplayer possibly do this?

Thank you,
BT.

My original message & technical part of Andy's reply included below.

> Hello Get_iplayer people.
>
> It's a great piece of software. I've tried it out on the following
> URL (and it worked! Excellent):
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/8968123.stm
>
> However, that is not my issue. I would like to find out the RTSP
> link so that I can play the audio/radio feed on my mobile phone. I
> am able to do this for radio feeds that the BBC publish, but as the
> above link is on an ad hoc and temporary webpage, it probably won't
> be publish as a link you can access directly on a mobile phone
> (unless the BBC change their mind).

Suggest you post the command-line that you're using. This seems to be
working here:

$ get_iplayer --type all  --url "http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/8968123.stm
" --
modes
=flashaachigh,flashaacstd,iphone,flashaudio,realaudio,flashaaclow,wma
get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --
warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

ERROR: Please set --localfilesdirs to point to your collection if
using the 'localfiles' plugin
ERROR: Failed to retrieve programmes for localfiles - skipping
INFO: Getting tv Index Feeds

INFO: Trying pid: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/8968123.stm
  using type: livetv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type livetv
INFO: pid not found in livetv cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaaclow1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaaclow1 mode to record livetv:  -
INFO: File name prefix = Live_-_Sussex_commentary_-_2010-09-04_172927
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license:
GPL
WARNING: Can't resume live stream, ignoring --resume option
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting Live Stream
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   createdby             ViewCast
INFO:   streamstartUTC        04 Sep 2010 12:41:49
INFO:   canSeekToEnd          0.00
INFO:   duration              0.00
INFO:   audiocodecid          10.00
INFO:   audiodelay            0.00
INFO:   audiodatarate         96.00
INFO:   audiochannels         1.00
3626.405 kB / 362.98 sec

The stream is still running here as I write, so I can't say that the
output will be intelligible.

Note that:

$ cat .get_iplayer/options
radiomode best
nopurge 1
flvstreamer /usr/bin/rtmpdump
versionlist default
isodate 1
rtmptvopts --swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=15501_15796
tvmode flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh
$

aB.

--
Andy Bircumshaw   -   Network Ned   -   Computing services, support &
solutions

Email - andy at networkned.co.uk