HD content still unavailable

Kris LeC jinkuv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:58:52 EDT 2010

Hi, I've been unable to download HD content for a few days now. I'm
running Win7 x64. I searched the archive and found this thread:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2010-October/000206.html

and subsequently updated the get_iplayer.pl from "Update iPlayer EMP
version" found at http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git

I also looked in "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program
Files (x86)\get_iplayer", as mentioned by this user here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2010-October/000232.html

but there's only a get_iplayer.cgi file in that location. I placed a
copy of get_iplayer.pl there and looked through both that and
get_iplayer.cgi for the corresponding URL as referenced here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2010-October/000229.html

but to no avail. I also searched my system for a .swinfo file to
delete but there doesn't seem to be one.

Is there something glaringly obvious I'm missing? The Web PVR Manager
fails to download HD content, as does the CLI, which returns an error
of "ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header" and
"INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)" for both flashhd1 and
flashhd2 for both the --get and --pid commands.

As an example, trying to download Michael Wood's Story of England
(Episode 5), both --get 479 and --pid b00vfgtg result in this failure.

I hope you can forgive my lack of expertise! I'm happy to include any
logs if it will help.

JK