Dropping get_iPlayer

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Oct 18 07:41:08 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 12:15 +0100, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:

> And the nice thing about get_iplayer (not that I want to go near the
> code, any further than I have done already) is that it *does* index
> the iPlayer listings, and will download episodes by title on a
> recurring basis. get-flash-videos won't ever do anything like the --
> pvr mode.

We would need *something* to provide that functionality, before we could
seriously contemplate dropping get_iplayer.

Whether it's an extension to gfv, or a separate tool which invokes gfv,
or something else, I'm not sure.

I like the idea of having a simple tool which simply downloads a
specific video (or audio) programme, and separate tools which work
*with* that.

--
dwmw2