HD content still unavailable

Kris LeC jinkuv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 21:13:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

> have you tried finding and removing the cache file that rtmpdump uses for the swf verification?

I looked high and low for high but couldn't find a .swinfo file -
Windows Search and Google Desktop failed to pick it up - until aew
dummy pointed out the location as being

 c:/users/myusername/.swfinfo

I deleted it and tried again, but no luck.

> The problem we found last month was that since the
> BBC now insists on an updated SWF url and the cached size/hash stored
> in this .swfinfo file is not updated.

The .swfinfo file did return after attempting to use get_iplayer again.

> Also I noticed that you found get_iplayer files in your VirtualStore
> folders. This will be solved by uninstalling and reinstalling using
> the latest installer. The installer should find these old VirtualStore
> files and remove them.

After uninstalling using the accompanying uninstaller, the Virtual
Store files were still there, so I manually deleted them.

> The VirtualStore files will have probably got there from an earlier
> installer version where this wasn't handles correctly or if you
> insisted on not giving administrator rights to the installer when it
> asked for it with windows UAC.

I hadn't refused admin rights for Get iPlayer but have been using the
program for a while!

I also installed get_iplayer on a virtual xp machine, clean install,
updated the get_iplayer.pl and get_iplayer.cgi, and the result is
identical to my actual Win7 box, so it looks like a Windows problem
with rtmpdump...

Thanks for your help!