Download from Canvas instead of through RTMP/Flash?

infradeadgetiplayer at vwingate.sent.com infradeadgetiplayer at vwingate.sent.com
Wed May 26 13:44:08 EDT 2010

Glad to see get_iplayer isn't dead!

I just wondered if anyone had thought of downloading iPlayer content
from Canvas when it arrives, rather than from the Flash streams?

When Canvas is made available to Freeview HD boxes then iPlayer content
will be downloadable over the internet, and it probably won't be wrapped
in Flash. So I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether this
might be better than get_iplayer pretending it's a Flash viewer?