The necessity of specifying "--type radio"

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 14:47:03 EDT 2010

Does anyone know if there's a compelling reason, other than "too many
results" for excluding radio programmes from the search by default?

It's rather a pain to get no results on my search for (for instance)
"Pete Tong" and then have to go back and append "--type radio" to my
last search.

Of course, it might be MORE of a pain to have one's search results
cluttered up with an excessive number of many radio shows - I couldn't
say, because I haven't tried it.

I'm rather inclined to guess that it's done this way simply because
Phil Lewis didn't download radio shows very much. Anyone else got any
thoughts as to whether radio should be included?

aB.

--
Andy Bircumshaw   -   Network Ned   -   Computing services, support &
solutions

Email - andy at networkned.co.uk
Phone - 0845 006 8877, 07740 337 495