excluding matches in PVR searches

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 14:37:43 EDT 2010

On 23 Jun 2010, at 13:03, Bill Denton wrote:

> I'm trying to exclude channels and other programmes from PVR searches.
> Exclude channel example PVR config file:
> output /storage/music/BBC Radio 4/I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue/
> preset pvr_radio
> search0 I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
> exludechannel "BBC 7"
>
> In this case "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" is broadcast twice on BBC
> Radio 4 and BBC 7. I only want one copy, so want to exclude BBC 7. The
> above doesn't exclude BBC 7.
>
> Exclude programme example:
> preset pvr_tv
> search0 Doctor Who
> exclude Doctor Who Confidential
> output /storage/videos/Videos/Doctor Who/Series 5/
>
> Trying to prevent recording "Doctor Who Confidential" (have seperate
> search for it with different output dir) with "Doctor Who".

Both these seem to be working fine here.

$ get_iplayer clue --type radio
get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --
warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
11107:	I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Series 53 - Episode 1, BBC Radio 4,
Comedy,Highlights,Popular,Radio
11108:	I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - 01/01/2009, BBC 7,
Comedy,Highlights,Popular,Radio

INFO: 2 Matching Programmes
$ get_iplayer clue --type radio --exclude-channel 7
get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --
warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
11107:	I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Series 53 - Episode 1, BBC Radio 4,
Comedy,Highlights,Popular,Radio

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
$
$ get_iplayer "doctor who" | tail -n 1
INFO: 15 Matching Programmes
$ get_iplayer "doctor who" --exclude "confiden" | tail -n 1
INFO: 13 Matching Programmes
$

I'm assuming you're posting because the excludes aren't working. Is it
only in PVR mode you're having these problems?

I advise against editing PVR config files - if that's what you're
doing - and using --pvradd instead.

I'm really sorry if I've misunderstood your question.

> flvstreamer /usr/local/bin/rtmpdump
> rtmptvopts --swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf
>
> I'm guessing that now a days I don't need "rtmptvopts" and
> "flvstreamer" options as they are built in. Is that so?

No idea. Hopefully someone else will comment. (?)

aB.