How?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 3 12:52:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 16:49 +0100, zulu wrote:

> I just installed v4.2 OK
>
> I know it works, because I just managed to record a CBEEBIIES program
> from
> the list on the left.
>
> However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how I go and get (for
> example) the last Doctor Who, or Casualty or whatever.
>
> Is this the right interface to use or am I being _really_ stupid?
>
> I am using Windows XP Pro.
>
> (I am severely visually impaired)

I would suspect that the best option for you is to use the text-mode
interface with a BLOODY GREAT BIG font? Or is your visual impairment
such that that doesn't work so well?

I don't think any Casualty episodes are available on iPlayer at the
moment. If you run 'get_iplayer Holby', though, you'll see two episodes
listed:

Matches:
350:	Holby City: Series 12 - 35. Brutally Frank, Signed, Drama,Medical,Sign Zone,TV, signed
351:	Holby City: Series 12 - 36. Taking Over, BBC One, Audio Described,Drama,Medical,Sign Zone,TV, default,audiodescribed

You can fetch all matching episodes with the command 'get_iplayer --get
Holby', or choose just one of them and download it using its number:
'get_iplayer --get 350'. Note that the index numbers change whenever the
set of available programmes changes.

If you really want to try using the CGI/web browser version, you would
start by putting something like 'Doctor' into the search box at the top
left, and then when you hit Enter the list of programmes will be
filtered so that you can see Doctor Who episodes in the list straight
away, without having to flick through 78 pages of listings to find it.

--
dwmw2