Itouch mp4 settings

Ian macdonald ianmac51 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:18:24 EST 2010

On 23 December 2010 13:27, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:

> The easy answer is probably that you've been downloading with `get_iplayer --tvmode flashhd,flashvhigh` and you need to use `get_iplayer --tvmode flashstd,flashnormal`. If you want the high-quality flashhd,flashvhigh to watch on your 50" TV but maybe want to take the video on your iPod, in case you're stuck in traffic and want to watch it whilst you drive, then you can transcode from the higher resolution to the lower one yourself. But it is CPU intensive to do so, and you're probably just better off downloading two copies (use `get_iplayer -o /a/different/dir --force`).

I agree, the download resolution is just to high for the itouch, using
--mode iphone I would think would ensure you got the right video for
the touch.

If you don't want to download twice then ffmpeg can transcode to a
version that will play on the touch, winff is a good gui for ffmpeg
with apple presets, works on windows and linux not sure about mac.

Cheers

Ian