Problem with ffmpeg or the source?

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Sun Dec 19 10:39:59 EST 2010

On 18 December 2010 12:47, Shevek <shevek at shevek.co.uk> wrote:
> I have now been through builds that are available at
> http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org and found where the change in ffmpeg
> behaviour begins.
>
> The last build which gives a brainfart warning and good output is r25658
>
> The next build is r25669 which gives no warning and bad output

I have also now downloaded and tested all HD content which is still
available and was added between eps 5 and 6 of simple suppers.

It looks to be that the change in encoding by the Beeb happened some
time overnight on the 1st / 2nd Dec

These are the 4 HD programs which were added to my cache at ~8am on
the 2nd and still available on iPlayer (get_iplayer --category hd
--sort timeadded):

Nigel_Slaters_Simple_Suppers_Series_2_-_5._Unsung_Heroes_b00wdb4s_default
- lastbcast 1/12 @ 20:30 - encode is good

The_Apprentice_Series_6_-_9._Discount_Buying_b00wgyzs_default -
lastbcast 1/12 @ 21:00 - encode is good

Jimmys_Food_Factory_Series_2_-_5._Packed_Lunch_b00wd9jk_default -
lastbcast 1/12 @ 20:00 - encode is bad

Ancient_Worlds_-_4._Return_of_the_King_b00wdpl1_default - lastbcast
1/12 @ 21:00 - encode is bad

I can't pinpoint exactly when as the only dates I have to play with
from --info are lastbcast and timeadded