Get_Iplayer and downloading other program versions

Aman Singer aman.singer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 07:49:18 EST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian McDonald
Sent: December-18-10 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: Get_Iplayer and downloading other program versions

This may not be of much help, since I never managed to make get_player work
on my iMac.  Instead, I followed the advice to load Get iPlayer Automator.
Followin your e-mail I tried to see whether it was able to download an
audiodescribed  show with the following ( successful) result:-

	Thank you, Ian, for the test. I will definitely look for Automator
and see whether its source is available. If I may just confirm one thing,
though, when you play the show, do you hear the description? I can download
the shows easily enough without description, and indeed thought I had
obtained the audio described version myself but when I had the user listen
to the show, no audio description track was in the audio, it was just the
standard audio. I wasn't sure what was going on until I found the version
commands, which I thought were the way to get the correct versions. If I may
ask, can you confirm that when you try to listen to the file, you hear the
audio described track?
Thanks.
Aman