MP3s not being tagged under flashaudio

Peter J Ross pjr.spam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 16:30:10 EST 2010

On 12/12/10 23:33, Geoff Soper wrote:
> Following the conversation about the "No specified modes (iphone)
> available for this programme with version 'default'" error I changed to
> 'flashaudio' as suggested in the thread (I would reply in the thread but
> I wasn't subscribed at the time...). This means the MP3 is successfully
> produced but it seems to no longer have ID3 meta-data tagging (i.e.
> Title, Artist and Album). Is there something I can do to correct this?

Whether the tags are preserved or not depends on the external program
used to convert the downloaded ".mp3.flv" file to the ".mp3" file you want.

You can preserve any tags the BBC provides by using the "--raw" option,
but then you'll have your mp3 file in a Flash container.

I doubt if these comments are much help to you, but they might lead
somebody else to find a solution.

--
PJR :-)