Can't use string ("b007cf0r") as a HASH ref...

Graham Biswell graham at gbiswell.com
Sun Aug 22 17:44:50 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 12:43 +0000, seanh wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 09:37:31AM +0000, James Laver wrote:
> > Could you please run the command which is failing on the platform where
> > g_ip has been working and see if that fails?
>
> Although it was working on one machine (but not the other) yesterday,
> today the command (get_iplayer --pvr) fails on both machines. Same error
> as reported. Both machines are Ubuntu 10.04.
>
> ~ > get_iplayer --pvr
> get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
>   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
>   conditions; use --conditions for details.
>
> Running PVR Searches:
> 1
> 2
> ERROR: Please set --localfilesdirs to point to your collection if using the 'localfiles' plugin
> ERROR: Failed to retrieve programmes for localfiles - skipping
>
> Can't use string ("b007cf0r") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/seanh/scripts/get_iplayer line 1554.

I've seen that here.

I had a pvr file configured with a search term that was causing it to
search ITV as well as BBC. There was a match with a program in the ITV
program list that caused the error. Sorry, i can't remember what it was
that i had to remove that was causing this, it was a while ago. Possibly
"type all".

--
Cheers

Graham