ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org back online

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 06:51:09 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:59:49AM +0100, Karsten Hopp wrote:
>> >
>> >Great. Thanks!
>> >
>> >So, I am interested in doing builds. Is there a plan? First f14 then
>> >f15? Or do we only look at f15? I do not see much sense looking at f14
>> >and would much rather like to focus on f15.
>> >
>> >Do I just take the rawhide packages and rebuild them? Is there some
>> >documentation how to use koji for the ppc setup? I looked at
>> >
>> >http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/PowerPC
>> >
>> >but I was not able to find something about how to configure koji to
>> >connect to the ppc setup? I would really like to start rebuilding
>> >packages but right now I do not know where to start.
>> >

>> I'd say that we should skip F-14 and concentrate on building rawhide.
>> F-14 has already been released and even F-15 might be already
>> finished when we finally got everything compiled and the installer
>> fixed. We should have a meeting at F-15 release time to decide if
>> we're only a few weeks lagging behind the primary archs or if we
>> need even more time and go for F-16.
>> I've played catch-up on Fedora-s390x and can tell you that it
>> isn't fun at all ;-(
>> Lets release when we're close to the primary archs and not
>> when we're lagging at least one release behind.
>
> Good to hear from someone with secondary arch experience. As I am also
> for skipping f14, I like what you say ;-). So how do I use the ppc koji?
> I am ready to start using it.

There's two different ways.  The first is that someone needs to run
koji-shadow on it it so it builds the RPMs built in the primary koji.
The tags might need to be adjusted before that can happen.

The other way is just as a package maintainer.  It's really no
different than using the primary koji hub.  The only thing you need to
do is point your build/scratch-build at this hub instead.  You can
either create a separate koji config pointing to this hub, or just use
the -s option:

koji -s http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/kojihub build <whatever>

It's setup to use your existing Fedora cert already.

josh