FYI: libvirt / virt-install / virt-manager available on PPC in rawhide

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 12:46:16 EDT 2007

For Fedora 6 & 7, the virtualization management stack based on libvirt was
never built for PPC. This is because it depended on Xen which was x86(_64)
only. Since libvirt now has support for managing QEMU / KVM too, and QEMU
RPMs are available on PPC in Fedora, we have removed the ExcludeArch from
all the virt management RPMs. Xen support in libvirt is still explicitly
excluded on PPC - we only build QEMU support. The build was just completed
so RPMs should be available in rawhide in the near future.

If the kernel-xen in Fedora ever gets PPC support we can also enable libvirt
to support Xen on PPC, but that's blocked on PPC kernel merge & not aware of
anyone actively working on that.

Regards,
Dan.