2.6.17-1.2139_F: suspend ( sleep ) broken ?

Charles-Edouard Ruault ce at idtect.com
Mon Jun 26 12:32:04 EDT 2006

Hi All,
i've just upgraded to the latest kernel this morning. I closed the lid
of my Alu Powerbook G4, as usual but when i opened it to wake up the
machine , nothing happened.
I had to hard reboot.
I reproduced this 2 times today and also experience a machine freeze
while unplugging an usb mouse & the power cord.
Has someone else experienced problems like this ?
In the meantime i went back to 2.6.16-1.2133_F, and everything is back
to normal.
My config is
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447/7457, altivec supported
clock           : 612.000000MHz
revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8002 0101)
bogomips        : 36.73
timebase        : 18432000
machine         : PowerBook5,2
motherboard     : PowerBook5,2 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
pmac-generation : NewWorld

Running Fedora Core 5 with the latest updates.

--

Charles-Edouard Ruault

+33 1 55 34 76 65
ce at idtect.com