Newbie FC 5 test 3 PPC help and first impressions.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.com
Thu Feb 23 07:09:39 EST 2006

Hi again,

WOW! I just installed Rawhide PPC Test 3 and my eyeballs almost popped
out. Thermal control works for my PowerMac 9.1 (G5 tower single), yaboot
configures correctly and I love the new default theme in GNOME. But what
is with those bubbles in the install splash screen, GDM and as the
default desktop background??? Is Fedora in trouble? Are we on the
Titanic, or what ? ;-) It would be nice if the first user was
automatically included to "sudoers", but I am really having to reach, to
find something to complain about :-)

Anyway, I have a couple of issues that I need to deal with now:

1) I can't get my USB stick thingy to pop-up on the desktop or in the
"Computer" window.

2) FC only spots my Griffin iMic and not the stock sound card. Here is
what my system profiler says:

Built In Sound Card:

   Devices:
Burr Brown PCM3052:
   Inputs and Outputs:
   Line Level Input:
   Controls:	Mute, Master
   Playthrough:	No
   PluginID:	Onyx
   Headphones:
   Controls:	Mute, Left, Right
   PluginID:	Onyx
   Internal Speakers:
   Controls:	Mute, Master
   PluginID:	Onyx
   Line Level Output:
   Controls:	Mute, Left, Right
   PluginID:	Onyx
Crystal Semiconductor CS84xx:
   Inputs and Outputs:
   S/PDIF Digital Output:
   Controls:	Mute
   PluginID:	Topaz
   Formats:
PCM 16:
   Bit Depth:	16
   Bit Width:	16
   Channels:	2
   Mixable:	Yes
   Sample Rates:	32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 64 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz
PCM 24:
   Bit Depth:	24
   Bit Width:	32
   Channels:	2
   Mixable:	Yes
   Sample Rates:	32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 64 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz
AC3 16:
   Bit Depth:	16
   Bit Width:	16
   Channels:	2
   Mixable:	No
   Sample Rates:	32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 64 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz

Built In Sound Card:

   Devices:
Crystal Semiconductor CS84xx:
   Inputs and Outputs:
   S/PDIF Digital Input:
   Controls:	Mute
   Playthrough:	No
   PluginID:	Topaz
   Formats:
PCM 16:
   Bit Depth:	16
   Bit Width:	16
   Channels:	2
   Mixable:	Yes
   Sample Rates:	32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 64 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz
PCM 24:
   Bit Depth:	24
   Bit Width:	32
   Channels:	2
   Mixable:	Yes
   Sample Rates:	32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 64 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz
AC3 16:
   Bit Depth:	16
   Bit Width:	16
   Channels:	2
   Mixable:	No
   Sample Rates:	32 KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 64 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz

Cheers,

Brian