Newbie with Power Mac G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Sat Feb 4 18:40:28 EST 2006

On 4. feb 2006, at 22.39, Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:

> Brian D. Carlstrom writes:
>> I would run "yum -u update"
> Sorry I meant "yum -y update"
>
> -bri

OK, everything seemed to update OK, the new kernel got installed
along with the other packages. No errors. There was some temporary
scrambled text, but pressing an arrow key and everything got back to
looking the way it should. Still having to do everything in root at
this point. Everything finished and I got the normal blinking cursor
next to a root at localhost and then all of a sudden I lost keyboard
control. No keys worked at all and the following message kept
repeating itself and scrolling:

"ata1: comman 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stal 0x4
hda lost interrupt
mpic_enable_irq timeout"

I believe, but am not totally sure that this is the same message that
I saw the other times that I lost keyboard control. I had to do
another hard shutdown and then booted into OS X. I hope FC4 can
handle these hard shutdowns :-(

Cheers,

Brian