Newbie with Power Mac G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Sat Feb 4 03:57:42 EST 2006

On 3. feb 2006, at 15.26, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 15:23 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
>> Sorry, I am a little confused. The .iso files are labeled "fc4-
>> pegasos-disc..." Can they be installed on my configuration
>> successfully?
>
> They're updated FC4 install images. They should work on anything other
> than the new dual-core Power Macs, I believe.
>
> --
> dwmw2

OK, time to make a status report:

1) The install seemed to go without a hitch.
2) I have 2 internal SATA drives and Fedora Core 4 Pegasos (PPC) is
installed on #1.
3) First boot went fine in the beginning:
	a) When it was time to include extra install CDs, the system could
not find a CD-ROM.
	b) Created user account and password.
	c) At prompt screen for loging into the system, I got a blinking
cursor, but the mouse and keyboard were frozen.
		I had to do a hard shutdown as the keyboard was frozen.
	d) I still seem to have fan and thermal control problems.
4) Tried to boot into OS X at restart, but Fedora didn't setup
OpenFirmware properly and I couldn't boot into OS X. I had to restart
with the option key pressed down to call up the OF graphical
interface for choosing which drive to boot from.

Where do I go from here? Do I give up on my FC4 install and try a
Rawhide install or do I try to fix the issues with Fedora Core 4?

Cheers,

Brian