FC4 Test3 3.92 ---Not Found

Mohamed Parvez parvez at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:41:31 EDT 2005

Hello All,
I have a brand new Apple Power Book G4 with super drive.
I wanted to install Fedora. Did my intial investigation and found out that
Fedora Core 4 test version 3.92 is the best.

As per the instructions at
http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html. I went to
ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/fedora-ppc/fc3-ppc/images/mac/ and
downloaded the boot.iso (this boot.iso is supposed to eject). Opened
the boot.iso in my MAC using Disk Utility and burnt the CD. When I
insert the CD (when I am using Tiger) it shows a small disc icon on
the desktop that says 3.92.

Then I went to http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=02635#0 and downloaded
the FC4-test3-i386-DVD.iso (2,611MB), and again I used the Disk
Utility and burnt the DVD. When I insert the CD (when I am using
Tiger) it shows a small disc icon on the desktop that says 3.92

So now I have boot.iso and FC4 test3 bothe version 3.92. I Insert the
Boot.iso CD in my PowerBook and restarted the machine holding C
button.
The Linix Installation started then it asked few questions like
language location etc. Then it asked how I would like to install the
Fedora OS I selected CD-ROOM. Then it said the please insert Fedora
core and promptly ejected the boot.iso.

I then inserted the FC4 DVD and said ok. But then it keeps saying the
Fedora Code is not found and ejects asking for fedora Core CD.

Can some one point me to a good boot.iso as well as the FC4 test3 DVD.

Thanks/Regards,
Parvez