Fwd: fedora on a mac

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Sun May 22 21:30:19 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 20:34 -0400, Adam Hitchcock wrote:
> Thank you for the quick response, but I am still having a few
> problems. Regarding the SELinux is it a bad thing to have on?

No, but we're trying to debug what is happening.

> > vi /etc/fstab
> > change LABEL=/ to just have it pointing to /dev/hdaX (where X is
> > where /is located)
>

> I tried doing this but I got the waring that I was trying to edit a
> read only file. I was unable to override this with w! or wq!.

OK to start off

In rescue mode /proc/mounts should tell you what the root partition is.
If it's an LVM part eg:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

Then I don't think we should have the LABEL= stuff, if it's just a
normal disk device:

e2label /dev/hdaX (it should return / - eg_

/sbin/e2label /dev/hda1
/boot

To change fstab

mount -o remount,rw /
vi /etc/fstab
mount -o remount,ro /
Ctrl-D

Please put all this in bugzilla though - if we are setting up fstab
wrong it is a bug.

Paul