FC4 cannot be installed on iMac G5

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Wed Jun 15 13:09:46 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 18:57 +0200, Ramón Rey Vicente wrote:
> El 15/06/2005, a las 1:45, Michael A. Peters escribió:
>
> > I don't know about the above stuff I snipped, but did you have SELinux
> > configured?
> > I was unable to get a successful rawhide install with SELinux
> > enabled on
> > a G3 iMac (summer 2000) - always failing at the post-installation
> > command.
> >
> > I did not try with SELinux for FC4 final.
>
> Same problem with SELinux disabled. The installation finished and
> then, reboot and nothing more, blinking icon...

Can you try the following:

boot into OF (cmd option of)

printenv boot-device

Let me know what that is.

Also try booting CD1 into rescue mode:

boot: linux rescue

See whether we find your system install and partitions.

attach /mnt/sysimage/etc/yaboot.conf
parted /dev/hda print (or whatever drive you have).

Without more data it's impossible to debug what happened.

Paul