Fedora Core 4 on iMac G5

Dominik Epple epple at tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jul 28 18:14:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

since I found some questions about this with google, but no answers,
this might be valuable to someone...

This is about running Fedora Core 4 on the current Apple iMac G5.

There are reports of gdm freezing the machine. I experienced this also,
and furthermore random crashes while using the console only.

It turned out this was because of the bell of the shell... every attempt
to play sound made the machine crash. Disabling sound completely by not
adding them to /etc/hotplug/blacklist.

Have fun, Dominik.