Minimum number of partitions needed to boot only Fedora PPC and machine purchase questions.

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Jan 13 23:20:34 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm considering getting an inexpensive G3 PPC Mac to play around with Fedora
Core PPC.  I have three questions:

1. Does $300 sound like a reasonable amount of money for a G3 iBook?
2. Is such a machine a reasonable choice for running Fedora Core GNU/Linux?
3. On i386 machines and compatibles, I can partition the disk so I only need
partitions that matter to Fedora Core.  Can I do the same for Fedora Core PPC
and not have any MacOS-related partitions?

Thanks.