iBook:EXT2-fs warning, ext2_fill_super, then hangs

Jason Feingold Jason at Acadaca.com
Wed Feb 9 22:55:18 EST 2005

Hi All, I just got Fedora Core 3 installed on my iBook G4, trying to dual
boot with MacOSX, stumbling a bit though.

The background:
This is my machine - iBook Mac OS X Version 10.3.5 1.2 GHz PowerPC G4
This is my linux image - /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667
This is where I got my iso from -
http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fedorappc/FC-3/isos/

I was able to boot into linux, and did some configs to my yaboot.conf to
enable dual booting:

parted gave me this info:
hda3 - macosx
hda6 - bootloader
hda5 - swap
hda2 - the full ext3 file system

So, I ran these commands:

yabootconfig -r /dev/hda4 -b /dev/hda6

/sbin/ybin -v

I also edited the /etc/yaboot.conf file and added:

macosx=/dev/hda3
enablecdboot

Ok, so after that, I'm able to boot into MacOSX fine, sweet.
However, I rebooted and tried to start linux.. Unfortunately, no luck, I'm
getting the following error:

EXT2-fs warning (device hda2): ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as
ext2
Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Then, a bunch of security/SELinux output, and it hangs.

Any help someone can provide is greatly appreciated, thanks much. Jason