Issue with booting off FC3 dev install disk

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Thu Sep 23 20:59:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 05:01, Niki Rahimi wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm trying to install on a p615 using a FC3 dev install disk I
> recently downloaded. At kernel load I get "Unrecoverable FP
> Unavailable Exception 800 at d00000000002ad28". Has anyone else seen
> this and/or know how to get around it?

p615? This being an offering from IBM right?

I think this bug just got fixed a couple of days ago, and has been
upstreamed as well, so while Fedora rolls a new kernel for you, you're
going to have to wait...

There's a patch on the linuxppc64-dev lists if you're willing to roll
your own installer...
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi