No luck with ISO files

Wade Mealing wmealing at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:52:28 EDT 2004

Quick rundown of the situation so far:

Having tried a few times, and being on an unreliable connection. I
decided it best to try the iso install.

After downloadinging and burning the 4 ISO files to disk, the first
disk didnt boot.. Paul suggested to try booting from the .iso file
that would be on the first disk.  No surprise this worked.

Copied the RPMS from all of the CD's to a local webserver and followed
through with a HTTP based install and it worked fine.  The graphical
mode wouldnt install for some reason however, at boot time I specified
"Linux text".  And the text mode installer worked without a hitch.

After following the instructions of Colin Charles website, yaboot was
configured, xfree86 was installed.

Thanks to all those who have been patient enough to help me through
this, now, to see what I can contribute back :)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:21:06 +1000, Wade Mealing <wmealing at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll give that a go in the morning.
>

> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:18:14 +0000, Paul Nasrat <pauln at truemesh.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:12:42PM +1000, Wade Mealing wrote:
> > > Gday guys,
> > >
> > > I recently tried the first cd from
> > > http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/FC3-re0903.0/isos/ppc/ftp-isos/  , and I
> > > am unable to boot from the first CD.  The ISO files checksummed fine..
> > > just couldnt boot.
> >
> > Hmm, can you burn the boot.iso which should be on CD1 (loopback mount), then choose CD install and swap the CD.
> >
> > > Has anyone had success with booting/installing from these isos ?
> >
> > Not tried - but I have a feeling that it may not have the boot magic done.
> >
> > Paul
> >

> --
> --
>
> Wade Mealing