kernels after 2.6.8-1.533 fubared?

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Wed Sep 8 08:07:14 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 18:04, Alex Kiernan wrote:
> I've tried a couple of kernels post 2.6.8-1.533 and they all die on
> switching to the new root as a pile of journal_ symbols are missing
> from the ext3 module.

.540 should be fine, x86 users have .541 issues

> Just me, or are others seeing this?

My iMac DV is running .541, and I'm happy to report, it all seems to
"just work". Weird, especially with heaps complaining on
fedora-test-list at redhat.com

It could be before .538 as the last good known working kernel for
many... ext3 online resizing among others might be causing issues (I
have a feeling no one really knows for sure, at this stage)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi