Xorg config for 1st gen iMac

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 11:16:47 EST 2004

I need the proper XF86Config info for a first gen iMac.

I used the tool Dan Burcaw wrote, but it did not create correct config
file.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Monitor0"
        UseModes        "Modes0"
        ModelName       "Monitor Model"
        Option          "DPMS"
        HorizSync       60-60
        VertRefresh     75-60
EndSection

The HorizSync and VertRefresh are clearly not correct - well, HorizSync
might be but startx complains at VertRefresh.

I'm tempted to just invert the 75-60 but I'd rather get a confirmed
value.

This is a first gen iMac running FC2 yum updated from YDL 3 - but the
YDL install was an extremely lite install (no X) for the purpose of
making such update/install easier. So I don't have an existing XF86
config file for it.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

--