Using Bmap-tools together with dfu-util

Bartosh, Eduard eduard.bartosh at intel.com
Tue Jan 16 05:38:09 PST 2018

On 16/01/18 06:57, "Artem Bityutskiy" <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:

    On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 21:40 +0000, Martin Siegumfeldt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wondering if there is a way to combine bmap-tool with dfu-util
    > rather than writing to an SD card? The use case is an image generated
    > by Openembedded (using wic) as a combination of vfat- and ext4
    > partitions that is currently flashed using dfu-util to an eMMC chip.
    > The ext4 partition is empty and the complete partition is transferred
    > blind-folded by dfu-util, hence I assume there must be a way to
    > optimize this?

    Well, the only prerequisite is the image created properly, with holes.
    The partition does not matter then.

    Bmap-tools was added to wic in Yocto, AFAIK, but I never used
    wic/yocto. May be one of the folks in CC knows?

    I do not know dfu-util either, so I di not know for sure what it takes
    to make it use bmat-tools. I guess you or someone should just try and
    see.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki