[Bug] Nullpointer Exception in of_diff

Johannes Zink j.zink at pengutronix.de
Tue Jun 13 04:42:46 PDT 2023

Hi Ahmad,

On 6/12/23 16:50, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:
> Hello Johannes,
>
> On 12.06.23 16:26, Johannes Zink wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I observed a Nullpointer Exception in barebox barebox 2023.05.0 on a Rock3a when calling
>>
>> of_diff . .
>
> This should be already fixed in next. You can ask Sascha to pick
> "commands: of_diff: simplify error handling" to master if that
> fixes your issue.

thanks for your reply, it is fixed in next indeed. I just gave it a quick test run.

@Sascha: as this fixes a Nullpointer dereference, maybe Ahmad's patch is a
candidate to pick into master?

> [snip]
>
> You can pipe barebox crash logs into Linux scripts/decode_stacktrace.sh
> to get line numbers (don't forget to set ARCH/CROSS_COMPILE).
> Enabling CONFIG_KASAN=y can also be very useful to pinpoint the origin
> of memory corruptions.

That's good to know, thank you. This will definitely help me the next time.

Johannes

--
Pengutronix e.K.                | Johannes Zink                  |
Steuerwalder Str. 21            | https://www.pengutronix.de/    |