RFC: Gitlab CI for barebox

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 06:12:33 PST 2022

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:39:45 +0100
Ahmad Fatoum <a.fatoum at pengutronix.de> wrote:

Hello Ahmad!

> On 30.01.22 13:00, Antony Pavlov wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have made simple Gitlab CI for barebox.
>
> Nice.
>
> > Gitlab CI runner setup instruction and
> > the source for Debian 11 docker image can be found at:
> >
> >   https://gitlab.com/frantony/barebox-gitlab-ci-runner
>
> I had tried something similar, but with Github actions
>
> https://github.com/a3f/barebox/actions/runs/740206381
>
> I didn't have the time to pursue this further. I am fine
> with Gitlab as well.
>

> > Sample gitlab-ci.yaml config file:
> >
> >   https://gitlab.com/frantony/barebox/-/commit/b1ed597d8e67c8f76f4f98cd1c6605b936cf2471
>
> Here's how it looks for Github actions with emulate.pl:
>
> https://github.com/a3f/barebox/blob/emulate.pl/.github/workflows/build-configs.yaml

I have just update gitlab runner, please see https://gitlab.com/frantony/barebox-gitlab-ci-runner/-/commit/f90c3932f1e90f900c4d4304c6a54898a5ee0e1e

As a result runner can build barebox for openrisc architecture and run emulate.pl, see
https://gitlab.com/frantony/barebox/-/pipelines/464224894

There is a problem with emulate.pl for MIPS (see https://gitlab.com/frantony/barebox/-/jobs/2058215656).

log/mips/console_main artifact contains the fragment:

---- begin ----
Hit any to stop autoboot:    3
barebox at qemu malta:/ echo "YGIS""XTJCSB"
YGISXTJCSB
barebox at qemu malta:/ echo -o /cmd 'cat /env/data/config'; echo "EOVL""SAWCFS"; sh /cmd; echo "EOVL""SAWCFS" $?;
EOVLSAWCFS
could not open /env/data/config: No such file or directory
EOVLSAWCFS 1
barebox at qemu malta:/ echo -o /cmd selftest; echo "BOCZ""OJHGFV"; sh /cmd; echo "BOCZ""OJHGFV" $?;
BOCZOJHGFV
printf: all 116 tests passed
progress_notifier: all 12 tests passed
BOCZOJHGFV 0
barebox at qemu malta:/
---- end ----

there is a problem: "could not open /env/data/config: No such file or directory"

How we can pass error to gitlab runner? Now runner reports that there is no error.

> > @Ahmad
> >
> > I suppose we can add your qemu barebox/test/emulate.pl tests into CI.
>
> Here is the Github action config for the tests:
> https://github.com/a3f/barebox/blob/emulate.pl/.github/workflows/vm-tests.yaml
>
> Any thoughts on how/if to integrate with the mailing list?

I suppose gitlab itself can send e-mails on CI pipeline fail.

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov