Uart set up in PBL

Sascha Hauer sha at pengutronix.de
Thu Mar 4 13:07:25 GMT 2021

Hi Renaud,

On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 12:28:03PM +0000, Barbier, Renaud wrote:
> Looking at many ARM platforms I see the UART is set in the PBL.
>
> I guess the baud rate is fixed.
>
> I am looking into a way to make the baud rate configurable.
> Would it possible from the PBL to read the "baudrate" variable from the environment?

There is CONFIG_BAUDRATE which could be configured in Kconfig you could
evaluate in the uart setup.
Reading the environment from PBL is something you don't want to do as
you would need drivers for all possible environment locations in PBL.
PBL console and configurable baudrate don't go together well, better
don't do it.