Getting serial console output on new imx7d tqma7 board UART4

Lars Pedersen lapeddk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:00:06 EDT 2020

Hi. Thanks for your patience :D

/Lars Pedersen

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 14:30, Ahmad Fatoum <a.fatoum at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 8/5/20 1:12 PM, Lars Pedersen wrote:
> >> Text base is ignored, when you are relocatable. If you aren't relocatable,
> >> you need a valid address as your text base. Why did you turn it off?
> >
> > I didn't turn it off. It isn't selected by MACH_FREESCALE_MX7_SABRESD
> > so it gets turned off if only this board is used. It is selected by 6
> > other boards, which is the reason it works when compiling for all
> > boards.
>
> I don't think that's how it works. If it was =y and the select went
> away because of CONFIG_MACH_CCMX51=n, it remains at =y. I just tested
> it and that's the behavior I observed.

If I use the imx_v7_defconfig and go and deselect  "ConnectCore
i.MX51" (MACH_CCMX51), then RELOCATABLE will change from =y to =n

So in other words. Deselecting this one board (MACH_CCMX51) will set
RELOCATABLE=n and now all the boards rely on CONFIG_TEXT_BASE to be
set correct. And as you also mentioned later on, this will be an
issue.