rk3188 (radxa rock pro) boot failure w/ barebox 2018-04 and later

Панов Андрей rockford at yandex.ru
Fri Sep 14 11:20:04 PDT 2018

Hi!

Attached patch fixed the problem.

in arch/arm/cpu/uncompress.c global_variable_offset() was called before relocation.

And we have TEXT_BASE = 0 (since CONFIG_*_RELOCATABLE is set and it is not configurable)

Arch memory starts at 0x60000000 and image linked at 0x0, so global_variable_offset() returns 0x60000000

We're running around 0x60000000 and at
       image_end = (void *)&image_end_marker + global_variable_offset();
&image_end_marker is 0x6000XXXXX
image_end goes at 0x60000000 more than it is actually

After relocation global_variable_offset() becomes zero.

So if we move
       image_end = (void *)&image_end_marker + global_variable_offset();
after relocation it will point to right location.

I am not sure it is true for all architectures, but in current state it is wrong when memory is not starts at 0.