how to persistently save config values

Giorgio Dal Molin giorgio.nicole at arcor.de
Fri Sep 29 05:31:40 PDT 2017

Hi Sascha,

thank you for the answer.

I just experimented a bit with the environment and the nv vars
and I think I'll go this way.

I was a bit surprised by the saveenv command though: my understanding
of the (default) environment was that it was a read only blob
hardcoded in the barebox image; I thought if I want some new/dynamic
env content to be saved for the next reboot I have to explicitly provide
a storage disk/cf/mtd partition to the saveenv and then to the loadenv.
Instead, just saying 'saveenv' saves the contents of '/env' 'somewhere'
from where it can be restored on next reboot (very good!).

Together with the nv vars and the 'nv.dev.' prefix this just does the
trick for me.

Thank you.

giorgio